Justice Home > Courts and Tribunal Services NSW > Alternative Dispute Resolution

Learn how our essential services will continue to operate as we respond 'Together against COVID-19'.

Service providers                


There are many ADR providers. They range from government provided and publicly-funded dispute resolution organisations to private professional organisations.

Community mediation 

Service providers include Community Justice Centres (CJC). The centres provide free, community mediation services and can assist with a wide range of dispute types, including neighbourhood issues, family relationships, debts and money and employment issues.

Court-annexed ADR

A number of courts offer court-annexed ADR, which is run by a registrar or other officer of the court at no charge. For details see:

Private and other ADR providers

You can access solicitors who conduct ADR through the Law Society of NSW, which has a number of ADR programs.

You can access barristers who conduct ADR through BarADR, an initiative of the Bar Association of NSW.

Head to the District Court website for a list of ADR providers.

Family dispute resolution

If your dispute is about parenting matters, you may be looking for a family dispute resolution practitioner to conduct family dispute resolution in accordance with the Family Law Act 1975 (Cth).

See the Family Dispute Resolution Register to find a service provider.